Thick tapestry featuring unusual bold floral in red, creamy peach & blue.
Second image shows back of bag with envelope pocket.
ArtisanStreet carpet bags are an authentic reproduction based on the traditional theme. We use the finest of tapestry fabrics covering a steel, spring-loaded steel frame which snaps open for easy access similar to an old-fashioned doctor's bag. The carpet bag stays open until you are ready to close it, then it snaps shut to secure the bag. All bags are fully lined, and there is a lightweight board secured between the layers at the bottom of the bag for stability with six brass feet" to protect it when set down. All hardware finishes are brass. The handles are crafted of rolled glove leather, very soft and comfortable in your hand.
In addition each bag:
- Features an envelope pocket generously sized at 9 x 13 on the back of the bag perfect for holding plane tickets, magazines/books and even a laptop or tablet computer. Photo below shows back of bag with envelope pocket.
- Is secured with a magnetized matching fabric flap
- Includes a matching fabric adjustable (and detachable) shoulder strap
- Contains four interior pockets - each 8x 7 ½ - perfect for smaller items
- Features 6 brass "feet" on bottom of bag to protect fabric
- Is one of a kind, made to order and made in America
The ArtisanStreet carpet bag is the perfect piece of weekender luggage or plane carry-on. Because it is soft sided, it can be "squished" into almost any overhead rack or under-the-seat space. When not in use, the bag can be folded down into 22 x 9 x 3 inches and even packed away into a larger suitcase for bringing home those extras. It also makes for an unusual yet very functional briefcase.
Carpet bags were originally traveling bags made of carpet, often from oriental rugs, and ranging in size from small purses to large duffel size-type bags. These bags were popular in the United States & Europe during the 19th century and are popular to this date although modernized for today's living and no longer created from old carpets. ArtisanStreet carpet bags are available in a broad range of colors and patterns, and feature thick tapestries, fine brocades, velours and stunning chenille fabrics to name a few.
Today's ArtisanStreet carpet bag is a modernized replica of the original piece. We are sure you will enjoy having one.
Artisan's Suggested Retail Price: $410. Special Internet Price: $289.99
Made in America
To see all of the work by Carpet Bag Caper, go to "Find an Artisan" in the Category Listings.